Don’t pinch yourself, or say Uncle or dig a hole and do “The ostrich”…You my friend are not giving up; this is actually happening: your iPhone 4/4s is wet and drowning!
So what does one do after tomahawk-dunking an iPhone into a dirty cesspool of contamination — or whatever you want to call a hot tub full of strangers watching NHL playoff hockey — give up?
I don’t think so mon ami!
Not with this quick remedy, proven to work for me; but, will it work for you?
1) Find and remove your iPhone 4/4s from out of water as soon as possible.
2) Turn off your iPhone
3) If your iPhone starts pin wheeling, or showing you that fibonacci-ish swirl, hold down the power button and the home button at the same time until it turns off
4) Swiftly remove your SIM card
5) Put your iPhone in a Ziploc bag of uncooked rice. Dry rice will absorb the moisture
6) Let it sit for 2-3 days and turn it back on
Of course, there are no 100% guarantees to this cure to a water damaged iPhone 4/4s. Another solution people look to is looking to into waterproof cases.